Hosting competitions is hard work, especially when theres only a few people, and involves co-operation from the whole team but it is well worth the effort when everyone has such a great time.
Next Tournament -July 2021
We will be hosting our next tournament July 2021 (36 teams ltd) at Penny farm (world horse welfare) preston new rd Blackpool
Directions to the venue
* Exit the M6 motorway at junction 32 onto the M55 to Blackpool
* Continue to Blackpool and exit the M55 at Junction 4
* Take the left hand lane up the slip road and follow the brown 'leisure' signs to 'WHW" Penny Farm' taking the first exit off the roundabout (A583 towards Preston)
* Follow the signs to Penny Farm and continue straight on at the next roundabout (by B&Q)
* Continue Forward at the lights (by Whitehills garage)
* The entrance to Penny Farm is approx 300m on the right hand side
Directions to the beach from Penny Farm
Exiting Penny Farm, turn left towards Blackpool
at the first set of lights (by Whitehills garage) turn left
Continue down this road, straight over the roundabout and you will enter a 30 zone and reach another set of lights, get into the left hand lane
Turn left at these lights and continue on this road until you reach another set of lights, get into the right hand lane
Bear right at the lights and continue through a residential area, you will reach 2 mini roundabouts side by side
turn left at the first roundabout and right at the second (effectively going straight ahead)
Continue on this road, over the railway bridge and past Lytham/St Annes golf course
you will reach a set of traffic lights, turn left here
almost immediately on your right is the entrance to the council carpark (this is quite hidden so easy to miss!!)
access to the beach is straight off this carpark, because it's a bay there is always beach to walk on even at high tide (but it's usually a good walk to the sea!)
Dogs are allowed on this section of beach all year round but you must pick up after them or you may find youself with a fine.
Other local facilities...
The Outside Inn is a pub and premier travel inn within walking distance of the venue.
There is also a 24 hour Tesco 5 mins drive away as well as McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut all located together.
BACK TO MAIN INDEX